Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Coming out of Hibernation: Beto for Senate


I think I've talked a little about what a pivotal summer this was for me in terms of feeling like I'm moving out of start-up phase with Montessori For All. For the past five years, it's been such a struggle to just keep my head above water as a CEO, mother, wife, and daughter (in addition to trying to be my own self who relaxes, reflects, reads, exercises, and pursues my creative interests). The Myth of CEO Work-Life Balance talks about the struggle well. 

I feel so fortunate that my career is aligned with working toward more equitable outcomes for all because there has been so little time outside of my job for activism. 

But, finally, I feel the clouds separating and I see a little space! This weekend I got inspired to figure out how to more actively support the Beto campaign for Senate. I went to a training about how to be a Pop Up Office manager and signed up our house to serve as a Pop Up Office in the final weeks of the campaign. I'm excited! We need politicians who can represent the interests of all people. 



Share |

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great!
I've been volunteering remotely since February and am currently on the data team (make those forms legible!). There's so much wide-open, grassroots support for Beto.

Sara E. Cotner said...

That's awesome! The data team is so helpful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails